Introducing Practicing Preschool
Coming to The Tobin School in December 2017
About Our New Program
Practicing Preschool is designed for those children who miss the Preschool age cut-off for September, but are 2.9 years old by December 1st. This small class (maximum of 9 children) offers its students a chance to try out preschool skills and activities for the second half of the school year, rather than waiting another year for school-entry.
The day will include a range of developmentally appropriate activities and play choices, sensory play, hands-on art activities, outside time, music and movement, small and large group activities, and a school-provided snack. Practicing Preschool focuses on supporting social emotional learning while gaining beginning school-readiness skills (following a routine, participating in a group, sharing, etc.), all while the students have a lot of fun!
Students who attend Practicing Preschool have first preference in moving on to Preschool or PreK the following year at The Tobin School.
- 2 days/week – Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:30 am – 12 pm
- 3 days/week – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 9:30 am – 12 pm
Schedule/Start and End Date:
- Starts Monday, December 4, 2017 and ends Friday, June 1, 2018
- Schedule follows The Tobin School Academic Year Calendar
- 9:30 – 10: Arrival and Choices
- 10 – 10:30: Outside
- 10:30 – 11: Bathrooms and Snack
- 11 – 11:15: Story/Circle
- 11:15 – 12: Activities and Choices
To learn more or schedule a tour, please contact us:
Head of School