Tobin students are offered a variety of community service opportunities as part of their learning experience.
During the 2016-17 school year, Tobin students and families participated in the following community service efforts:
- Cradles to Crayons Back to School Clothing Drive: Our biggest year ever for this effort, we donated 44 bags of children’s clothing, shoes, and coats to support this wonderful organization.
- 11th Annual Tobin Family Volunteer Fair: Held in November, we organized a Saturday full of family-friendly community service projects supporting 11 different locations, national and international non-profit organizations.
- Natick Service Council’s Holiday Gift Drive: For the fifth year in a row, we joined in this effort, providing gifts for 12 children in need in our community.
- Food, Diaper and Toiletry Drive for the Natick Service Council: Our families donated a dozen boxes of goods to their food pantry to help others.
- Change for a Change: Our students and families collected change to support the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee, which provides homes to injured and retired circus and zoo animals.
- Family Promise Walk Away Homelessness event: For the fifth year in a row, The Tobin School served as a sponsor and also organized a team of walkers to support the efforts of Family Promise Metrowest to help the homeless in our community.