Mission & Philosophy
The Tobin School nurtures and challenges the whole child to reach his/her maximum potential.
At the Tobin School, leaders in early childhood education, we are committed to developing happy, engaged and intellectually curious children.
We believe that the early years are amazing opportunities for growth and development! Research in brain development has shown that these early years can be critical in building a solid foundation for future success.
Our core beliefs are to:
- Foster children’s academic, emotional, social and physical development to help them thrive
- Collaborate with parents as a priority in the learning process
- Create a culture committed to community service, leadership, and character development to increase children’s awareness and self-esteem
- Provide small class sizes to maximize each child’s potential within a robust, forward-thinking academic program
- Emphasize organizational skills in the early years to yield long-term benefits for children
- Sustain a teacher directed, child-centered, structured and well-balanced curriculum to help children thrive
- Provide a solid foundation in reading, writing, math, science, foreign languages, technology, and the arts as the basis for successful lifelong learning
- Capture emergent learning opportunities in the classroom
- Develop lifelong habits to promote good nutrition and healthy living
- Build our faculty’s skills with continuous, comprehensive professional development and the support of outside professionals and consultants
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Tobin School is a non-sectarian program and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or cultural origin, sexual orientation, family style, political belief, or disability in the administration of its admissions, financial assistance, education or employment practices.