The Tobin School Faculty:
- Dedicated, professional educators committed to helping each child reach their maximum potential
- Our early childhood educators are all degreed licensed teachers, many with advanced degrees.
- Many of our educators come to us with years of experience in a public and private setting, looking for the small class sizes and intimate community at Tobin to allow them greater freedom in teaching, along with the ability to truly meet the needs of their students.
- Teachers receive ongoing professional development (20+ hours/year of training) to stay current on:
- new learning trends
- classroom management techniques
- special education topics
- health and safety issues, and much more
- All educators are certified in First Aid, CPR, and are epipen trained.
In addition to their focus on their students, our faculty is encouraged to build strong parent relationships. We are committed to creating true partnerships with our families and work hard to make communication a priority through:
- Bi-weekly all-school communication through our Tobin Times
- Private portal for current families
- Weekly classroom newsblasts
- Exclusive access to photos of the children in action
- Email and phone communication
- Parent teacher conferences, at least three times per year
- Casual conversation in your child’s classroom at drop-off and pick-up.
- Our parent portal offers 24-7 access to our school and classrooms calendars, news and information, forms and parent resources.
We also support our work with students by incorporating additional professional resources as needed, including:
- Certified Healthcare Consultant
- Licensed Social Worker
- Opportunity for parents and teachers to connect before and after school
- Access to consulting professionals in many specialties